Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We finally made it home Sunday night (August 5th) via four different flights. It was a long day of traveling. We left our hotel at 6:30 am (Munich time) and I arrived back home around 9:30 pm (Lincoln time).Some made it home even later. The flight from Dusseldorf to Chicago was long and boring, especially since my headset plugin was broken. No in-flight movie watching for me! I read a book and attempted to sleep (not very successfully) for nine hours. A big thanks to the Leymasters for giving me a ride back from the airport. The first week back home was good, but challenging. It has been fun to see everyone again and to get to share stories about the trip, but so many days with so little sleep left me exhausted (hence, why it took so long to update the blog). I was ready to call it a night and go to bed at about 4:00 pm each day. I split time at work between Lincoln and Omaha last week and with my boss on vacation, I was the lone manager on most of my shifts. My only day off ended up being Sunday, when I was on planes all day. Some days I felt like I didn't remember how to do my job anymore after being away so long or I was just too tired to think. Thankfully I have a wonderful coworker who was willing to help me out whenever I needed it, no matter how many phone calls and text messages it took!  

It is a little hard to process everything from the last few weeks. It was truly one of the best experiences of my life and I am incredibly blessed to have been a part of this camp. I am so thankful for the new friends in my life and the memories that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment